What's In It For Me
- To Identify their own roles and responsibilities in metalworking.
- To follow safe work procedures.
- To respond to fire emergencies.
(previously known as Safety Orientation Course - Metalworking)
WSQ Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Metal Work is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in metalworking. Metal-working workers are required to go through the course before they start work.
Who Should Attend
Workers from the metalworking industry.
Assessment / Exam Hours: 1 Hour and 15 Minutes (1 hour: MCQ, 15 minutes: Practical)
Part 1 Identify own roles and responsibilities in metalworking
- Identify legal obligations in WSH requirements
- Identify own rights and responsibilities under WSH legal requirements
- Identify own rights and responsibilities under the Employment Act and Workplace Injury Compensation Act
Part 2 Follow safe work procedures in metalworking
- Identify safety signs in a factory
- Identify common workplace hazards in a factory
- Identify relevant risk control measures to be implemented according to organisational procedure
- Follow Permit-to-Work (PTW) procedure according to organisational procedures
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) according to organisational procedures
Part 3 Respond to fire emergencies
- Follow fire evacuation procedures based on incident at site in accordance with organisational firefighting procedures.
- Identify correct types of fire extinguishers to use in the event of a fire.
- Apply the correct techniques to extinguish a fire according to established organisational firefighting procedures
Mode of Assessment
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Practical Performance
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon successful completion and passing of the exam, trainees will receive a safety pass which is valid for a period of 2 or 4 years, depending on the years of their working experience in the related industry in Singapore.
Note: Participants with less than 6 years of working experience in Singapore will get a safety pass that is valid for 2 years. Those with more than 6 years of working experience in Singapore, will get a safety pass that is valid for 4 years.